Wednesday 31 October 2012

RAWR! Halloween 2012

So, halloween has come and gone. Due to hurricane Sandy, it was a miserable night weather wise, but nonetheless, it was such a superb night for my last year in high school. I thought, hey, it's my last year of being considered a child because of my age, so I was like, what the heck, I'm going trick-or-treating! AHA I know, nearly every house I went to asked me if I was too old for trick-or-treating. Naw! In the future, I can see myself as one of those parents dressing up with my kids and trick-or-treating with them! Don't want to embarrass them or anything, but I will always be a child at heart.



Anyways, being me, I really didn't want to dress in those clique halloween costumes you buy from a store. So just like every year, I improvised. Last year I was Katniss Everdeen (yeah, I'm a HUGE Hunger Games fan), so this year I wanted to wear something warm because of the wet weather, but I didn't want to wear my winter jacket. Using articles of clothing from my wardrobe, I decided to go as a wolf. Lucky for me, I own a Warrior Wolf SpiritHood, which made my costume so much more believable and super warm! I wore black leggings, a white loose top, a black wool blazer with gold hardware, my favourite wool scarf, black Hunter wellies and of course my SpiritHood. But, to finish off my outfit, I used a REAL fox tail I bought in Germany in March for about $15! Yeah, I'm sorry if that offends you, but just keep in mind that I did not kill the creature. I love fur, but I only buy ones that are cruelty free. Plus, keeping the tail is re-using parts that aren't being used for other purposes. I didn't really look like a true wolf, but I did sort of remind myself of Mr. Fox from Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl. I guess because I looked like a wolf with human clothing on!

I went trick-or-treating with 2 of my good friends, and then went for a little walk around my neighbourhood with some more friends while eating all the candy I accumulated. It doesn't sound that exciting, but I had a great time.


The excitement of dressing up and them begging for candy is just a concept that never cease to amuse me :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween!
God bless and keep safe :P

-Aine Lasagna

xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment